Wisconsin Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
For more information on Wisconsin Senior Medicare Patrol visit our website at www.wisconsinsmp.org or call the Wisconsin SMP Director at 800.488.2596 ext. 317
Who We Are
Wisconsin SMP is a program of the Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups. With 4 staff members and statewide volunteers, the Wisconsin SMP is one of the oldest federally funded “fraud buster” programs in the country. The project is dedicated to stopping healthcare fraud, waste, and abuse.
Medicare/Medicaid error, fraud, waste and abuse result in a loss of over $60 billion each year. The Medicare program is important and needs to be protected so the benefit will be available for future generations.
Wisconsin SMP provides training and information to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and the public on issues such as:
- What is Medicare/Medicaid and who qualifies?
- What benefits are available at what cost?
- What is Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D?
- What is healthcare fraud, waste and abuse? How does it affect benefits?
- What can be done if there is over-billing on a Medicare statement?
- How can others in your community be educated to understand and maximize their Medicare/Medicaid benefits?
- Why is healthcare fraud, waste and abuse a concern?
For more information, visit our website at www.wisconsinsmp.org or call the Wisconsin SMP Project Director at 800.488.2596 ext. 317